lmm block-off plate troubles

brewmax

Aug 6, 2006
ive been helping a friend try to install a blocker plate in an lmm. got the plate several months ago from ppe, and just now trying to install it. we have tried sliding it in the slot for nearly two hrs and no luck finally called ppe to get the dimensions and they didnt have any avail to measure. could someone tell me what the measurment from inside of one bolt to the other is??? just curious as if this is the right plate or not. rick faxed me a picture of the correct plate but it appears to be quite a bit bigger. but looks the same as far as "looks". just need the demensions from innerside of bole to innerside of bolt to know if this one will work-----man this is a pia compared to putting one on a lbz:mad:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Mine wouldn't just slide in. I had to actually open the gap between the riser pipe and egr cooler a little. Used a long bar through the wheel well and pryed it open a little. It is a pretty big plate, bigger that the LBZ

brewmax

Aug 6, 2006
thats what ive been told, that they are quite a bit bigger. i have measured from the inside of one slot to the instide of the other slot on the plate that we have and its 3 9/16" across. could anyone tell me if this is wide enough to slip over both bolts??

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
thats what ive been told, that they are quite a bit bigger. i have measured from the inside of one slot to the instide of the other slot on the plate that we have and its 3 9/16" across. could anyone tell me if this is wide enough to slip over both bolts??

there just a biatch to get in like jason said use a pry bar to open up the gap a bit. its easier with the turbo out :) u could also match it up to the stock gasket if you want to check the size

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal

If I had a camera with me I could have taken a picture of one and the cooller for you. There is one under a broken down LMM in my driveway :rofl:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Shaving one side of the plate a bit so the plate works as a sharp wedge helped me get mine in + the pry bar!!