LML mode assignments

RADustin

Jan 14, 2014
Hello all,

I've been thumbing through the LML tune file trying to get familiar and I noticed all these modes(0-5), 6 total.

Is there a description anywhere of what each mode is/when they are used/called?

I imagine on a race tune these modes can be set to all the same..but with DPF-on tuning I feel it's going to be very important to know when the truck is in each mode and what specifically each mode is doing.

I appreciate any help/information.

Thanks!

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Its not. Log your truck and compare what the log shows to what you see in the tune. Find out what conditions and parameters determine what mode it's in. By the time you figure it out you we will be much better equipped to tune your truck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RADustin

Jan 14, 2014
does anyone know what the actual modes are?

such as..

operating temp, no regen, no tow/haul
warm up, no regen, no tow/haul
...?

is the lmm tune like this?

I wonder if GM has/where to find any documents on the theory and operation of these new ecms.

Hello all,

I've been thumbing through the LML tune file trying to get familiar and I noticed all these modes(0-5), 6 total.

Is there a description anywhere of what each mode is/when they are used/called?

I imagine on a race tune these modes can be set to all the same..but with DPF-on tuning I feel it's going to be very important to know when the truck is in each mode and what specifically each mode is doing.

I appreciate any help/information.

Thanks!

We are watching this with interest to see if we can make some improvements with our descriptions. We know there are 6 modes, but don't know when each comes into affect...

Cheers
Cindy

RADustin

Jan 14, 2014
I understand.

is there a certain variable to change/log that is preferred over others?

I need to keep reviewing the available PIDs until I can remember them all for sure.

I was hoping through research I could map out the theory/operation, but it doesn't seem so without getting my hands dirty.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Starting to peck away at learning to tune my lml. done tuning on my lb7,some lly's and my son's lmm, but not this one yet.
Anyone willing to share what they have learned about what each "mode " is ?
Thanks