LML engine build recommendations

11LML

Jun 16, 2014
Ok so I just purchased a 2011 duramax and its engine is completely stock.
I'm looking to make it a everday driver but I want to build It up to 700 whp
So if anyone can give an approximate price for this and a parts list that'd be great.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
to get it to 700, youll be somewhere in the 12-15k+ range.

to get to the 700 range and stay there reliably, it will be 25-30k.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
to get it to 700, youll be somewhere in the 12-15k+ range.

to get to the 700 range and stay there reliably, it will be 25-30k.

you mean 700hp isn't reliable on a stock motor? lol :roflmao:

your rods will look like this on each compression stroke :nana:

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
You will need a built transmission regardless, add a turbo compound, a bigger or duel cp3. Talk to kory at ppei, I believe he got 700 hp with stock injectors. The LML a strong engine, but will not last for ever.

HeavyDuty204

May 26, 2014
Manitoba, CA
I'd like to hear from some of the builders and tuners on this too. I know Fleece has put out a few 700hp trucks. And, I'm sure there are a few other 700hp LML's out there, how you been holding up?

700 was my initial power goal but I wanted to stay away from a full engine build as all the guys around here with LMM and older trucks are saying about $30k to hold the power reliably... So I dropped that and settled for the 550 - 600 mark. Though, now I'm reconsidering as more people are into the 700's without a full motor build.

I have a lot of the work done needed to get there and I'm at the point where fuel and air become my issue now. What are some opinions on the route to follow in terms of turbo / turbo's and fuel???

Will a single stroker CP3 provide enough fuel or do I need dual fuelers? Single or twins? Realistically how long can the stock motor handle this?

I want to still be able to tow with the truck too.

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
I'd like to hear from some of the builders and tuners on this too. I know Fleece has put out a few 700hp trucks. And, I'm sure there are a few other 700hp LML's out there, how you been holding up?

700 was my initial power goal but I wanted to stay away from a full engine build as all the guys around here with LMM and older trucks are saying about $30k to hold the power reliably... So I dropped that and settled for the 550 - 600 mark. Though, now I'm reconsidering as more people are into the 700's without a full motor build.

I have a lot of the work done needed to get there and I'm at the point where fuel and air become my issue now. What are some opinions on the route to follow in terms of turbo / turbo's and fuel???

Will a single stroker CP3 provide enough fuel or do I need dual fuelers? Single or twins? Realistically how long can the stock motor handle this?

I want to still be able to tow with the truck too.

Done several 700hp lml builds and they're holding up well around 650-700hp. With conservative tuning of course. Do have one lml in now that was pushed a bit to hard with larger injectors, dual pumps and twin turbos. Pretty certain she's got some shortened rods, will know tomorrow for sure. Truck didn't make it to the dyno, but if would guess high 700's at the wheels based off the boost and pulse Width he was running.
Overall, great motors and respond very well to upgrades, best yet of the generations and very smooth running trucks.
If your shooting for just 650-700hp I would do a single 10mm pump in place of the cp4, and either an s366 single or s475/vgt compounds. If you do a lot of heavy towing I would lean more towards the compounds!
Just my opinion!

HeavyDuty204

May 26, 2014
Manitoba, CA
Done several 700hp lml builds and they're holding up well around 650-700hp. With conservative tuning of course. Do have one lml in now that was pushed a bit to hard with larger injectors, dual pumps and twin turbos. Pretty certain she's got some shortened rods, will know tomorrow for sure. Truck didn't make it to the dyno, but if would guess high 700's at the wheels based off the boost and pulse Width he was running.
Overall, great motors and respond very well to upgrades, best yet of the generations and very smooth running trucks.
If your shooting for just 650-700hp I would do a single 10mm pump in place of the cp4, and either an s366 single or s475/vgt compounds. If you do a lot of heavy towing I would lean more towards the compounds!
Just my opinion!

Perfect! That's what I like to hear!

I think I'm back on track with 650-700hp range!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
There is a lot if cp4 failures on these trucks. It usually takes out all the injectors when this happens so a cp3 conversion is cheap compared to loosing everything else.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
There is a lot if cp4 failures on these trucks. It usually takes out all the injectors when this happens so a cp3 conversion is cheap compared to loosing everything else.

" A Lot" is LB7 injector failures. CP4 failures are much less common than the issue is made out to be. They fail in many applications but theres plenty still running strong. They are just sensitive to poor fuel with a lot of water. Biodiesel will make this issue worse.