LLY Potential Engine Build

j.stanton2009

So Long Space Cowboy...
Aug 18, 2010
Climax Tx
I'm going to look at an LLY motor tomorrow, it includes the turbo, cp3, all of the top end hardware, the torque converter and the up pipes. The injectors are not included.

The engine is seized and the owner cannot get it to turn over- he broke 2 4' 1/2" drive breakers trying.

The motor had a head gasket pop and the previous owner ran it until it blew a head. The engine has been sitting for a couple of years, but the current owner is only asking $500 for it.

What do I need to do once I bring it home, I need to know how to get it to turn over so that I can get it on the stand for the full tear down...

Thanks!

esataqeq.jpg
y4u8urag.jpg
9uvanude.jpg

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Is that 7 headbolts that are broken off in the block? That thing could just turn out to be a nightmare and only have scrap value. Especially if it wont turn over.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I got an engine like that, thank god it was free, because after 4 hours of beating the bottom end to try and break it free, scoring the crank up, I said screw it.

The dirt in that open CP3 port scares me, broke head bolts and a open engine are bad juju. I say pass on it. Ive bought/stripped down/parted out 10 duramax LB7's in the past years and all of them looked better than that.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
X2 on it prob being more of a hassel then you are wanting to deal with... Just the pics alone make it look pretty rough and beat! If it is worth it to you as a project then go for it just be aware!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I'd buy it for 100$ no more than that... Shit sell the cp3 and turbo as cores and make a few hundred. Past that though its a gamble

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
I wouldnt spend any more than what the scrap value is. Just in case you tear it down and find that it is scrap.

j.stanton2009

So Long Space Cowboy...
Aug 18, 2010
Climax Tx
Lol this is the second time y'all have told me no on a motor.

I'll pass on it. There must be a surplus of crap motors here in texas...