LLY injector issues

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
After checking everything I could, I found a local shop around the corner from me that refurbishes numerous control modules, including LLY's. After testing determined mine was indeed bad but rebuildable, they rebuilt mine for under $200 and it solved my problem. Truck now runs smooth and strong again.
Good deal!! Glad it was something "simple"

Sent from my Note 9

Capt. Jim

My other ride has 3412E's
Mar 23, 2019
West Palm Beach, Florida
The best part is I went thru my entire wiring harness and re-wrapped it with new split loom as well as replaced all my pigtails. Learned the top of this engine better than some of my rifles...

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
Finally got some spare time after work and did a little more trouble shooting. Still waiting for my service manual to arrive so just trying some things that come to mind. Tonight I checked the voltage on the supply voltage lines to both injector banks (A and B). I did this with the key in the ON position and got 7.5 volts on bank A and 8.5 volts on bank B. This is without the engine running. I don't know what the voltage should be but I am under the impression that it should be much greater than 12 volts, perhaps it may go higher once start up occurs, I don't know. Any other things to check to verify my FICM is the problem?
She will still start up with only bank B operating but has the loud tractor knock until she finally dies. Then I must clear the codes before she will restart again with only bank B.

Was your truck smoking bad too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. Jim

My other ride has 3412E's
Mar 23, 2019
West Palm Beach, Florida
No smoking whatsoever. It had a surge at idle which I easily corrected with a new FPR. Ran great for less than an hour and just quit. No smoke before or after. All good now...

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
No smoking whatsoever. It had a surge at idle which I easily corrected with a new FPR. Ran great for less than an hour and just quit. No smoke before or after. All good now...

Okay thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
It wasn’t “All Computer Resources” was it?
I know there down in Miami area and then scum bags cost me 600$ and a lot of stress
Ended up buying a ecm direct from dealer

dittyD

Nov 28, 2019
Same issue

I know this is from a few months back , but I’m having the same issue checked all my wires, loom wrapped them all checked all my plugs also done the ice pick testing. Just my question is (capt. Jim) would your truck run good then next start up run for a few thing limp out or right on start up go back into limp mode again ?