LLY $0101 after erasing

DylOrr

May 26, 2010
Kinderhook, IL
I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this question already but I figured I’d ask. 2 different LLYs in one day both took the license and erased on the full flash and after erasing went $0101 and wouldn’t recover. There’s no serial or vin in them anymore and I can’t change the vin, mode not supported. Do I need to have a new flash chip put in them, or is there some way to recover them. I can read what’s left in them out but it clearly throws a code (I don’t remember) and tells me to email the patch file to efi live. I went ahead and grabbed a couple spare ecms and threw together a bench harness (Shouldve done this a long time ago) and flashed them for the trucks. This makes 4 or 5 on the shelf with the same issue, so I was wondering if there’s a way to recover them or who can fix them up for me. Thanks

Dylan

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Try this. With the key ON remove the "PCM" fuse and then plug it back in. You'll hear it power back on, try to flash the truck again

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So Josh Chaves has told me many times, he has never seen a LB7 or LLY ecm brick UNLESS it was during the very beginning process of getting into the ECM. Mine did the same thing as yours but pulling the ECM fuse for 30 sec and then putting it back in let it flash right in.

if you really think its bricked after attempting a flash, hed love to see the ECM to check it out, i just dont know the time frame in which you would get it back. Dude has alot on his plate currently.

DylOrr

May 26, 2010
Kinderhook, IL
So I saved the 2 I messed up yesterday by full flashing a stock file in on 7.5. I do have one here that is 100% a dud I would send to josh if he can fix it. I’m not in a hurry for it back really, I just don’t want it gone so long I forget about it :roflmao: shoot me a pm or have him pm me if he wants me to send it out.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I still have my old LB7 ECM that did this same thing. Tony couldnt even figure out why it wouldnt take flashing. We concluded it mustve had a tune put in it before I bought the truck that corrupted the bootloader. Old BullyDogs were infamous for that. But that was years ago. Good to see that our knowledge has evolved to the point where these old problems can now be fixed. :)