Little vid of the truck

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Why's it so lopey?

I rode in a built LLY street truck not to long ago that loped just like that. He was running an exergy 12mm single pump, he had his liftpump adjusted up high and it caused it to lope. If he turned it down rail pressure would suffer. He was still workin the kinks out at the time.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I rode in a built LLY street truck not to long ago that loped just like that. He was running an exergy 12mm single pump, he had his liftpump adjusted up high and it caused it to lope. If he turned it down rail pressure would suffer. He was still workin the kinks out at the time.

I must have wrecked one of my regs running high pressure. Sometimes it'll push open on like 12psi.. It doesn't lope, just starts full pressurizing the rail.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
No diesel cam is gonna make it lope, the cam I have in my pulling engine is bigger exhaust lift and exhaust duration and very similar overlap and intake duration as I had in the 468 BBC I had in my '65 Malibu... The BBC was choppy under 1200 rpm, sounded damn good and people suspected a larger cam than it had, and the DMAX pulling engine idled smooth as a babies ass at any rpm...

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Sounds like very low or negative timing to me. Used to tune that way to light large chargers easier. No idea if thats whats up here or not. They'd white smike like that too.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Sounds like very low or negative timing to me. Used to tune that way to light large chargers easier. No idea if thats whats up here or not. They'd white smike like that too.

I think that white smoke is huge f***ing injectors, my 400% were played with for hours and still hazed slightly at idle.

It could be radical, large volume cp3's playing a small part also.

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Cam making it lope made me lol. Yellow jacket I'm sure nailed it, massive injectors and suspecting huge cp3 it's a long battle to get a decent idle but who needs that with a truck like that