Lift pumps

speedmetal6.6

Dodge Destroyer
Nov 3, 2008
Gillette,Wyoming
I know I need a lift pump pretty bad and I was wondering if I really needed to have extra filtration or can I get away with just a pump instead of a FASS system or an AIRDOG, because I was looking at a set of Kennedy twin lift pumps and the price is not bad at all. P.S is Kennedy stuff good?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I know I need a lift pump pretty bad and I was wondering if I really needed to have extra filtration or can I get away with just a pump instead of a FASS system or an AIRDOG, because I was looking at a set of Kennedy twin lift pumps and the price is not bad at all. P.S is Kennedy stuff good?

PPE will work very well for you:D

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
the kd pumps are good as well as the air dog raptor pump both with out filters and will provide plenty of fuel.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I run the FASS150 without filters. No issues with the pump whatsoever, although I'm starting to think that maybe I should have bought the whole shebang...that way I wouldve had the option to lose the OEM filter completely.

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i also am running the fass with no filters works great and the new pumps are quiet , but the ppe will do the same thing for less money , i like the lifetime warrenty the fass has and i got a good deal from a friend wasnt much more than the ppe .

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
The FASS it has a lifetime warranty and you can get it without the filters. I have a edelbrock 1792 which is not made for diesel but it is only $200 I'm on #3 now but it gets warrantied everytime.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
i'm a newbie wich pump was yours ?

The SD fuel pumps. Surely there a few around still running them. I must have made 4 or 5 hundered of them (Ex witch has the quick books). They were the first to market for the Dmaxes that I remember (before Prepator and the off shoot FASS). It's not like I was a big outfit or nothin. Ever seen SD sleeves, SD Centerlink, SD manifolds, SD nitrous systems, SD Chiller (W/M injection). SD pressure block. SD moded CP3s, SD moded regulators, so on and so forth (most was 1st to market for the Dmax I'm proud to say, but sad to say it was demolished by an angry EX). SoCal is making the sleeves and manifolds now :hug: (many vendors sells them). I've got more in store though.

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
The SD fuel pumps. Surely there a few around still running them. I must have made 4 or 5 hundered of them (Ex witch has the quick books). They were the first to market for the Dmaxes that I remember (before Prepator and the off shoot FASS). It's not like I was a big outfit or nothin. Ever seen SD sleeves, SD Centerlink, SD manifolds, SD nitrous systems, SD Chiller (W/M injection). SD pressure block. SD moded CP3s, SD moded regulators, so on and so forth (most was 1st to market for the Dmax I'm proud to say, but sad to say it was demolished by an angry EX). SoCal is making the sleeves and manifolds now :hug: (many vendors sells them). I've got more in store though.

never put super diesel and sd together you have some great products :hug:
i need one of your center links :D and i have had a angry ex wife so i can relate :D

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
never put super diesel and sd together you have some great products :hug:
i need one of your center links :D and i have had a angry ex wife so i can relate :D

I got one sitting right here man.

Angry wives (or exs) can suck. I new mine would fail 10 years before. Just tried to suck it up :(. It's like,,, what the h*ll and why?

Cant we all just get along?:rofl:

Last edited:

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Your lift pump idea was and is great in my opinion. When I went to get one of yours it was no longer available so I kind of did the same thing with a hobs switch being boost activated. Great idea of having a pump run only when needed exspecially on the street to save the life of the pump.

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Get back into production SD!

I run your sleeves with pride :D

Your manifold though.... well I took it off lol.... damn thing kept blowing off one night at the track and I got so pissed at it! :rofl:

mines blown off a couple times but there is no better way to hook up w/m !
i just check it before every run but it might have to come off with the twins and new y bridge :baby:

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Ok. I'm workin on it. Not sure if there would be a demand or not. I would love to build stuff again.

On the manifolds guys,,, clean the pipe and inside the silicone well with some acetone(sp?) or a good degreaser and them put some hair spray on the connection before installing the manifold. This will glue it on (not so tight you can't remove it though). This should fix it.

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
Ok. I'm workin on it. Not sure if there would be a demand or not. I would love to build stuff again.

On the manifolds guys,,, clean the pipe and inside the silicone well with some acetone(sp?) or a good degreaser and them put some hair spray on the connection before installing the manifold. This will glue it on (not so tight you can't remove it though). This should fix it.

windex works good too. nice and slippery when wet and sticky as hell when dry