lift pump + filter??

chevmike

WI Salad
Apr 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I have been looking at the Kennedy Twin lift pumps. Looks to be a great kit. Is it necessary to run another filter down there. I see alot of kits that come that way and alot of people adding a second fuel filter. Is it really worth it. I dont see that it is, but I'm not an expert. What are your opinions?

dmaxtruck

Perfect Sleeper
Jan 22, 2008
I don't know about the Kennedy kit, but for what it's worth I'm running the FASS 150 gph and it is the style with 2 filters.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
I've never done any long term tests, but I figured if I was going to buy a good pump, I'd make sure the fuel was filtered before it entered...

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I got a frame rail filter from Raycor and have 1 KD upstream and one downstream of the filter
most fuel filters are cheaper than the ones we get at GM and your fuel can never be to clean can it?

chevmike

WI Salad
Apr 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
It just seams like a waste. I mean obviously it will clean better. But I havnt heard of anyone having problems from dirty fuel (other then a clogged filter) just seams like another problem to me. I am still looking at the kennedy kit, I can always add another filter.

Fass and PPE are other 2 choices. they are not flow through are they?

What are pro's and con's to these units?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
The reason that I think it is a good idea to add one with a filter is so you don't have dirty fuel running through your lift pump. FASS and PPE are both louder than Kennedy or AirDog pumps but both have good reputations.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I didn't buy mine for the volume of sound - I bought it for the volume of flow. It just happens that it is quieter than a few other brands. In a diesel truck I don't see why anyone would worry about a pump's noise - then again some people don't want to hear turbo whistle.