Lbz zf6 clutch

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Does anyone have a have a lead on a great clutch for a lbz zf6 truck?

Truck makes 750 plus at tires. South bend dual disc ceramic / organic made it about 15k before it won’t hold anymore.

Valair used to do a street triple. Now they won’t even talk about a Lbz clutch.

Any options?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Does anyone have a have a lead on a great clutch for a lbz zf6 truck?

Truck makes 750 plus at tires. South bend dual disc ceramic / organic made it about 15k before it won’t hold anymore.

Valair used to do a street triple. Now they won’t even talk about a Lbz clutch.

Any options?
I still show a PN from South Bend for LBZ triple disk but it's a comp sintered iron/feramic material, not a street triple like Valair offered. I did call Valair and they did confirm they do not support it anymore. I did also call South Bend and confirmed they do still make a triple for it.

Reactions: 1FastBrick

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I still show a PN from South Bend for LBZ triple disk but it's a comp sintered iron/feramic material, not a street triple like Valair offered. I did call Valair and they did confirm they do not support it anymore. I did also call South Bend and confirmed they do still make a triple for it.

Yeah we see that south end triple as well. Just really not a completion truck. Just a hot street truck.

I told him to put another Southbend dual disc in it and turn it down 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Yeah we see that south end triple as well. Just really not a completion truck. Just a hot street truck.

I told him to put another Southbend dual disc in it and turn it down 🤷🏻‍♂️
Maybe south bend can make you a street triple? I didn't call and ask them that. It's worth a shot at least, could also explain that their competition no longer offers that product and that they would be filling a void.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Maybe south bend can make you a street triple? I didn't call and ask them that. It's worth a shot at least, could also explain that their competition no longer offers that product and that they would be filling a void.

Do you have a good contact at southbend? Find someone to talk to that will listen is a challenge these days.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I just called into the general number and stated I was an approved dealer.
I called south bend, they are saying to put the competition dual disc in it and deal with the poo drive ability. Or Turn it down. No desire to build a triple Disc for his application

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Why do businesses related to duramax trucks have to act like assholes to their customers? Sheesh....like it wouldnt take them all of 5 minutes to set up their dies to build a custom triple for you.....

Reactions: 1FastBrick

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Why do businesses related to duramax trucks have to act like assholes to their customers? Sheesh....like it wouldnt take them all of 5 minutes to set up their dies to build a custom triple for you.....

Meh. I’m not surprised really, it’s the way of the world now.

Also not overly stressed about it. I’m kinda over all the diesel performance stuff anymore.