LBZ Squeal Under Hood next to Firewall

Pete379

Jan 2, 2022
I have a 2007 LBZ and I have a high pitched squeal noise under my hood next to the firewall. For some reason my turbo veins cycle at about 1500 when I'm driving down the road instead of at idle (probably poor tuning). But when the veins do close, it causes this squealing noise to appear. It sounds like it's in my dash on the drivers side. The noise disappears after the veins open back up and won't appear again for the rest of the trip. It only happens when it's cold outside, in the summer this isn't a problem. Sometimes I can replicate the sound if I rev my truck up to around 2500 rpm in park. It won't always do it though so it makes it very frustrating. I tightened all my intercooler boots, checked for exhaust leaks on my u pipes and found nothing. Anything else I should check? Anyone else have this problem?

Pete379

Jan 2, 2022
I can also make it happen sometimes if I put a big load on the exhaust brake. The inconsistency is what is killing me. This would be so much easier to fix if it did it all the time

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Leaky up pipe gasket and/or a cracked up pipe bellows. Check for black soot.

Reactions: Bdsankey