lbz smokin more and less power

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Some air intakes cuts more air going to the engine then the stock air box there for making it smoke more I myself have a modded stock air box with a k&n filter and took the $300 that a air intake would cost and put it to a better performance use just my :2cents:

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
You dont have a small boost leak do you u may wanna pressure test the system

Here is what I rig'd up to test mine just hook up air and keep around 40 lbs in the system and take a spray bottle with soapy water and spray all boots and intake and look for bubbles also check your boost line if you have a boost gauge

picture.php

i just got done driving it, it stayed a constant 35 this time. ran pretty strong. my friend brandon yocum with blew grass motorsports tuned my truck. he used nicks 5dsp tunes on my truck, from the efi live forum. i dont think its a boost leak because i can hold the boost at a certain point and it wont drop any, maybe im loosin fuel pressure. my oem filter is dirty to so i should get a k&n one and see if that helps with quicker boost increase. i did notice the intake modification helped alot. i think that afe was f'n me over.