LB7: LBZ/LMM pump is it worth it?

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
i am trying to get more power and i want to do all the "cheap mods" first, is an lbz/lmm cp3 gonna make a noticable difference on my truck?

it will help hold rail psi a little better. I did this to my lb7, and it held the 500+hp tune better. If you use the lmm/lbz regulator on it, you will have to play with the tune to idle correctly in cold weather

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
It depends on what kind of Pulse width you are running , the better pump might let you command more and still hold rail .

I think my cp3 is failing, anyone have ideas on what to replace it with? Might be the regulator, but I have tried another one and couldn't get it to work. Now at idle I have the pulsing/surgeing which goes away if I turn the lift pump on.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I think my cp3 is failing, anyone have ideas on what to replace it with? Might be the regulator, but I have tried another one and couldn't get it to work. Now at idle I have the pulsing/surgeing which goes away if I turn the lift pump on.

Then leave it on :D

I would think that the reg would be the cause but if you replaced it already and you find the cp3 to be bad i would def chose the LBZ/LMM pump as the replacement .

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
Then leave it on :D

I would think that the reg would be the cause but if you replaced it already and you find the cp3 to be bad i would def chose the LBZ/LMM pump as the replacement .

LOL, I bought a moded reg, but could not get it the rail pressusre too high code to go away so I was told that that reg might be bad, have not tried again. :D

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I am going to log my truck on the dyno Saturday, I never had an issue with rail pressure, my actual and desired where always very close. I have had a lift pump since I was running the edge though, does the lift pump extend the life of our CP3 pumps that much? I guess if my CP3 did go bad I would upgrade to a LBZ/LMM pump.

Thanks for the info guys.:thumb: