LBZ, LMM MAF??

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Thanks to all that have helped me with this project, this forum is a great resource.
So we are getting down to the minor details, the donor LMM had an aftermarket intake which I cannot use, so the question now is what MAF sensor I can use.
I am using a LBZ intake horn and am told that it is a little smaller in dia. than the original LMM, I see two types of MAF housings that might work for me, the first is listed as a LMM unit.
LMM.jpg
The second is listed for the LBZ.
LBZ.JPG
It looks like I could integrate this one into the HMMWV filter housing fairly easily which would look much cleaner.
So will the LBZ MAF work on a LMM?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
^^ as Corbin said, neither are correct.

use the MAF that matches the ECM you run (im not sure you can make either one work with either ecm) and tune the ecm to the intake size you use

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Does this look like something that would work?
Spectre Performance 9705.JPG

FEATURES:
  • Used To Create A Custom Air Intake
  • Polished Aluminum Body With ABS Components
  • Tuning Components Are ABS Construction
The Spectre 4 inch Aluminum Mass Air Flow Sensor Adapter Kit is designed for use with drop-in style mass air flow sensors on 2004 and later vehicles. With an outside diameter measuring 4 inches by 4 inches long, this kit features a polished aluminum tube with ABS components and the necessary hardware. This kit includes 2 flow calibration tubes - 76 millimeter and 89 millimeter, reducing the 4 inch intake system to the correct diameter at the sensor to retain calibration.

It does not look like the S&B cold air intake that was on the donor is going to be of any use (except possibly my other 08 LMM)