lb7 injector swap

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
OK the injectors in my truck have been bad for some time its been sitting and i have made 4 truck payments on it :mad: but just haven't had the money to fix it till now. i got a screaming deal on injectors and all the gaskets to do the job and they should be hear next week:D so now the fun part of getting the old ones out and putting the new ones in begins. i have heard that the injector removal tool isn't really need but figured i could rig up something to work anyways if they just don't pop right out. any other pointers for this job besides taking my time and making sure everything is clean going back together thanks

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Take a look in the GM specs forum, there should be a set of instructions for the procedure. You might wanna look at it for some tips also:)

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
The tool is not needed all of mine popped out pretty easy. The prybar work just fine. The biggest thing is to just take your time. Dont rush and drop anything down into the oil return holes in the head. All in all its not a hard job just time consuming. Also make sure you have something take the factory sealant off the upper valve cover. I used the right angle air grinder with the whiz wheels. they work great.

SDP

AKA Dmax15
Dec 20, 2008
Port Angeles, WA
The best technique I found for taking them out is using a L shaped allen to hook the injector and pull up on it while twisting the injectors, that way you don't pull a cup out at the same time.

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
started on the swap tonight and got all the to the point of pulling out injectors so all and all i didn't think its that bad of a job so far just have to get something to clean out all the junk out of the injector sleeves so i can put the new ones in i started on it at about 230 and with some beer runs and tool runs and such i left the shop at 1130 with all that left to do is put the new injectors in on the pass side and pull the drivers side injectors and put the new ones in and put everything back together. i just hope i can hook all the wire back up right thats been the hardest part so far

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
you can port your fuel rail fitting while your down there, easy acces since you got the thermostat housing off and the ficm out of the way.

the driver side is real easy to install a porter rail fitting