LB7 drop in wheel

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I got a project LB7 for cheap. another shop mis adjusted the valves and bent push rods and I picked up a cclb with a flatbed for 3K 258K now that I fixed the valve train it has 390-400 comp across the cylinders, I'm going to go ahead and do sac 45 injectors, Dp, 5" exhaust, and I want to do a turbo drop in wheel and comp housing. No BMW wheels. I want the cleanest whistle I can get so like a 6 blade dual plane wheel. I'd like to stay under 7500.00$ total for getting this running and driving so I have 4500.00 budget. this is going to be a play rig to take to the mountains so I keep my LML nice.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Orrrr should I just do an S366 swap.....or s464 swap. I know me and I have it up to 10K with a built trans before its done lol.

greendury

Jan 28, 2011
I did a wetzel wheel and ported exhaust housing on an lb7 with 30 overs and was pleased with the bang for the buck it gave me.

JRein

Aircraft Mechanic's Hero
Sep 26, 2015
LRAFB, Arkansas
Sounds the same but you will get more whistle when you get into the boost. I think they may even use a Wetzel as they look at least similar but maybe Brent @ LDS will chime in or you could message him. I port and polished the housing as well but it is just a split second longer on spool time but once it lights it goes. It's done well for dickin around and hauled 9k though some good hills and and never seen 1200 for more than a second as long as I did my part with keeping rpms in check

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Sounds the same but you will get more whistle when you get into the boost. I think they may even use a Wetzel as they look at least similar but maybe Brent @ LDS will chime in or you could message him. I port and polished the housing as well but it is just a split second longer on spool time but once it lights it goes. It's done well for dickin around and hauled 9k though some good hills and and never seen 1200 for more than a second as long as I did my part with keeping rpms in check

Yeah I need to call him in the morning anyway. or should I just do a stealth 64? decisions

JRein

Aircraft Mechanic's Hero
Sep 26, 2015
LRAFB, Arkansas
LDS kit is around $400 I think (it's on their site). If you do pnp yourself I don't know I could justify going with a stealth 64

JRein

Aircraft Mechanic's Hero
Sep 26, 2015
LRAFB, Arkansas
If you do pnp it's better to hesitate to the safe side that than to burn through the casting. If you're lucky and do go through you could possibly weld it if you're good. I had to weld up a hole in one of the bolt holes. I got lucky and the MIG gods were with me that day.

aashton1206

Sep 3, 2015
drop in wheel

Brent hooked me up with the same thing. Six blade two tier wheel so it lights faster and has a larger bore. Can't wait to install after I get the truck back from my trans builder.

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, DSP 5 on v2 by Rick Fletes, 33x12.5 nittos at on 20 inch American Racing wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, Custom Y Bridge.

JRein

Aircraft Mechanic's Hero
Sep 26, 2015
LRAFB, Arkansas
Brent hooked me up with the same thing. Six blade two tier wheel so it lights faster and has a larger bore. Can't wait to install after I get the truck back from my trans builder.

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, DSP 5 on v2 by Rick Fletes, 33x12.5 nittos at on 20 inch American Racing wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, Custom Y Bridge.
for about $170 you can replace seals and bushings in the turbo as well. Then it will basically be brand new. It's not hard yellowchevy has a write up that's easy to follow but might be on another forum.

aashton1206

Sep 3, 2015
Already have it torn down in my shop. Just waiting to reassemble it