LB7 3" Y-brides in stock......

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I have the full LBZ kit. I did not notice any gain over the stock y-bridge with an SDP egr delete I already had. Ran a 13.02 before I bolted it on and a 13.1 after. The stock y bridge was also loosing air between the two pieces.

I dont believe the claims about the huge HP gains. Did not work for me, but it looks nice...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
I have the full LBZ kit. I did not notice any gain over the stock y-bridge with an SDP egr delete I already had. Ran a 13.02 before I bolted it on and a 13.1 after. The stock y bridge was also loosing air between the two pieces.

I dont believe the claims about the huge HP gains. Did not work for me, but it looks nice...

Thats what i was afraid of........at first glance it looks like it should work great but our turbo charged motors differ from naturally aspirated motors in the since that they are forced induction and as long as boost is the same and the intake valves are staying open the sam amount of time then the same volune of air is flowing into the combustion chamber. In theory it wil actually hurt ET as it will delay turbo spool because the turbo has more area to pressurize. But thats just my thoughts, sorry if it seems i am bashing your product because that is not my intentions at all, im just looking for an explanation of the mechanics of how it actually increases performance.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona

x2 and I also dont believe the 40rwhp gain. I dyno'd my truck with a SDP egr delete, and gained 5hp, probably from the engine cooling off between swapping everything..

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
x2 and I also dont believe the 40rwhp gain. I dyno'd my truck with a SDP egr delete, and gained 5hp, probably from the engine cooling off between swapping everything..

At higher HP levels you will see a greater increase in power. Customers have seen a lower boost number which is in direct relationship to less restriction. The 40 HP gain on Marks truck for the EGR delete is true numbers. Like i said it varies on the truck. The next variable is where your at with your fuel and air. Small tunes may see little increase but if your motor is starving for air this will help.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
At higher HP levels you will see a greater increase in power. Customers have seen a lower boost number which is in direct relationship to less restriction. The 40 HP gain on Marks truck for the EGR delete is true numbers. Like i said it varies on the truck. The next variable is where your at with your fuel and air. Small tunes may see little increase but if your motor is starving for air this will help.

x2, more power your making the more these upgrades help. It's parts like these that help keep ya from melting the motor down. Putting it on a mainly stock setup probably won't gain you much of anything, but when you start moving some serious air this is a needed upgrade.