L5P 1/4mi times

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Anybody else hit the track with their L5P yet? 1152mi and broke her in the right way. Raced the SM NHRDA event at Sacramento today. Only got one pass on the truck before elims due to rain. Off the foot brake, no boost truck ran dead nuts 15.4's (5 passes). Made it into the finals, and truck decided to go faster, went 15.2 on the brakes hard before the stripe, ended up breaking out. Truck should be able to run mid 14's with a little boost and 4x4.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Those 6.2's are ridiculous. I'm so tempted to trade for one.
I'd probably be driving one right now if they would put that engine in an HD chassis.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Just crossed 5k miles with mine... trucks are quick. I've lost the interest to even tune it and only reason I would is to get rid of that stupid Urea tank I already scuffed on a jobsite.

Favorite truck I've ever owned already.... :D Just so nice to drive.

I'll have to take it up to Brainerd this summer and see what it'll do.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
That's pretty good. I need one now :roflmao:

They have terrible reaction times though, and no it wasn't me . If you nail the throttle while releasing brake, the truck has a pause before it takes off. Reaction times were consistent .200's it's that bad haha, Even with traction control off. I didn't get enough test passes to play with different staging RPM, so not sure if that will make the delay go away. I probably could have left as the second bulb turned off, but didn't want to red light in elims.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
They have terrible reaction times though, and no it wasn't me . If you nail the throttle while releasing brake, the truck has a pause before it takes off. Reaction times were consistent .200's it's that bad haha, Even with traction control off. I didn't get enough test passes to play with different staging RPM, so not sure if that will make the delay go away. I probably could have left as the second bulb turned off, but didn't want to red light in elims.

I'm sure a nice tow tune would fix that :angel:

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
There is definitely some refinement that can be done with the ECM!
I just about ran into a block wall backing up my welding trailer the other day because of the fueling that continues sometimes after you release the throttle:confused:

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
There is definitely some refinement that can be done with the ECM!
I just about ran into a block wall backing up my welding trailer the other day because of the fueling that continues sometimes after you release the throttle:confused:
Okay so it's not just mine then.... had same thing happen with mine. It only happened once and I wasn't paying attention I almost thought my pedal stuck. My build date was Feb 18 and there are no updates that I know of. Wonder y they do that?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Ah there's lots of bugs that need to be worked out... but the over all experience of driving the truck still beats any con against it so far!:woott:
I still thoroughly enjoy driving my Lly and it feels so small in comparison
I am looking forward to what the aftermarket brings to the table for this L5p and I might just be retiring my 05' for the son someday and getting myself a new one:D