keyed cam

maxxin-n-style

Jul 8, 2013
abq, new mexico
Who else keys cams or has keyed cams in stock ready to ship out? I was going to go with crank it up for 95 bucks but left numerous msgs and never received a call back so im trying to find another place to deal with..

maxxin-n-style

Jul 8, 2013
abq, new mexico
Not really.. one deals with some dmax stuff but never keyed a cam before and I dont feel like being his guinea pig..and another one screwed up on one of my heads..
is crank it up still in business?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Keying a cam is pretty damn common, it's not just a dmax thing. I can almost guarantee there is machine shop close to you that can do it.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
People have been putting keys in camshafts for a very long time. If the machine shop does not feel comfortable doing it, they probably have no business running a machine shop lol

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
People have been putting keys in camshafts for a very long time. If the machine shop does not feel comfortable doing it, they probably have no business running a machine shop lol
People have been screwing things up also and their knowledge or lack of doesn't stop them from doing business and taking your money while destroying your parts In the process.I can only recommend the shop that did my cam and crank I know there's a lot out there that can do it and do a good job but I have not dealt with them.Only other guy I know would do an excellent job is Randy's machine in Utah but he only does Industrials stuff now. LIke Sean said any machine shop SHOULD be able to.

maxxin-n-style

Jul 8, 2013
abq, new mexico
I used the one behind napa, and empire engines.. we use automotive machine shop at work so I may talk to them..
I just liked crank it up's deal but its just soo hard to get ahold of him..

maxxin-n-style

Jul 8, 2013
abq, new mexico
Who does all your stuff damian?
I took my heads to empire engines and had him put my hamilton springs in and new valve seals and he shaved some off the heads but didnt feel comfortable putting the cups in so I told him I would do that myself so I got them home and went to put the cups in and found a bunch of pitting where the cup seals so I just spend a few hundred bux on a bad set of heads..