Key fob issues

Duroman

Jan 14, 2015
My key fob quit working so I bought 2 on EBay. The seller said they were new from a dealership and sold the cars to an agency that didn't want the fobs. I looked on youtube and was told how to program them. Hold the unlock button,cycle the ignition key twice fast and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the fob until the door locks lock and unlock. I did that yesterday and they worked. Today went to get in the truck and it wouldn't lock or unlock. So I went to get the second fob I programed and it wouldn't either. I went through the steps again and it programed and works . Do I need to do something different

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
Go to Remotes.remotes.com enter your truck info, and follow the instructions EXACTLY. Note that you should get a double beep if programming was successful for the 1st key, then you MUST continue in that same programming session to update any other remotes, then you finish the program as instructed. Test ALL the remotes you programmed to make sure they work, and test all buttons, and functions of all the remotes. Any remotes that used to work that were not reprogrammed will not work any longer, only the newly programmed ones will work.

This place sells thousands of remotes and their instructions never fail me, but sometimes I fail to follow the instructions EXACTLY.

Reactions: 2004LB7