just joined the club

Dubs Chops

Oct 28, 2018
Well Guys Hello. ill guess ill start off with just a little bit about myself. I am no NewB when it comes to vehicles, I have owned over 50 in my 20 or so years of driving. However this is my first Duramax. Its a 2015 I bought from A friend off of his used car lot. I got a killer deal on it so I decided to not let the mileage scare me off. it has 5500 engine hours and 239k miles. I am assuming this was a hot shot rig or something.

Its in very good condition for the millage with minor steering wheel and bolster wear being the only real areas I can notice.

1st question, DELETING???
Looking under the hood I have noticed the EGR and DEF plugs are disconnected, There is no lights on the dash and when I check the DEF fluid on the computer it just says DEF OK. it looks like all of the components are still in place. Is this common? do I need to go ahead and remove the components to do this DELETE the correct way?

2nd questions, Cheap Insurance???
I will be installing the Kennedy lift pump and a filter head with a 2micron filter inline to help with keeping the CP4 happy. is there anything else I can do to help ensure another 200K miles without any "Catastrophic failures"

3rd question, Dead horse!!!
to lift or level. I know this has been disused in depth on many threads. However my question is, Have any of you guys have both a quality lift and a level? was the lift worth the extra coin to you? or was the level "Good enough" for the coin saved? I really only want to run 35" tires but with the BDS 6.5" lift I think 37" tires are doable.

Question 3.1 Gearing
did you find you needed to regear with 35 or 37" tires? Coming from Gasoline world it would be a must! but I figured with near 800Ft/Lb of torque the truck may not even notice. A, I way off in my thinking???

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Welcome to DD.

While we dont normally discuss tech in an intro thread, there's a Drivetrain section for the gearing question, a Suspension section for your lift questions and
a Fuel Pump area for those inquiries.

Also, we really dont discuss deletes anymore. Too much bad came of it for some of our membership.