LB7: Injectors going out, next to impossible to start when outside temperature below 30

Aces

Apr 2, 2015
2002 lb7 ccsb stock motor LDS 64mm turbo intake and exhaust only changes.

Injectors are going out 316k on them so I don’t feel too bad. Trying to save up for new injectors unfortunantly since the dead turbo took my injector fund I’m a little ways out.

Currently if the temp dips below 30 it’s a bear to start. Always plugged in all night. (Was on a timer) have to pump primer till firm crank motor rinse and repeat 5-10 Times. I usually get two or three false starts then if lucky it’ll start. At times it takes me going wot to get it to start.

Wondering if there is anything I need to look at / add to motor to make her drivable till I can get all my injectors purchased and installed.

I’ve been thinking of getting a lift pump to help not having to pump primer 20 thousand times when attempting to start. Would this help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aces

Apr 2, 2015
Crap. Can you move this to LB7? Fat fingered on Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Sounds like your glow plugs aren’t working. Have you checked to make sure your getting juice at the glow plugs? If so your probably due for a new set with 316K miles on them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aces

Apr 2, 2015
Would they be an issue where it’s plugged in overnight?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Plugging in warms the block. Glow plugs warm the air in the combustion chamber for faster starts. Diesels rely on pretty much spontaneous combustion with the fuel since there’s no sparks. The air has to be heated hot enough for that to happen. Hence glow plugs

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
You have a fuel supply issue. Assuming your engine is healthy with good compression lack of glow plug wouldn't give you a hard start at only 20 or 30 degrees outside. Especially if you have it plugged in. It's not a 7.3 or 6.0 powerstroke. If you have to pump the primer you're getting air in it on the supply side.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk