im looking for advice

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
i notice that mi tires are getting uneven wear so i took it to a shop and they told me this is what i need to do does this looks right? can i do it my self? they want $900 to take care the problem so im looking to get this parts on my own and try to do it my self is it worth my time doing this or let the shop do it can some one tell me where i can get those parts ? thank you!

Attachments

• sTAMENT.jpg
    sTAMENT.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 44

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Well an alignment is usually only 50 bucks. I doubt you need a new control arm. You could need new ball joints but Id start with wheel balancing and alignment for uneven tire wear. Pitman and idlers do go out frequently if not supported but like I said Id go to a reputable shop and see if your tires and alignment all check out. Also how often do you put air in them?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Well an alignment is usually only 50 bucks. I doubt you need a new control arm. You could need new ball joints but Id start with wheel balancing and alignment for uneven tire wear. Pitman and idlers do go out frequently if not supported but like I said Id go to a reputable shop and see if your tires and alignment all check out. Also how often do you put air in them?

Look at that again there wanting to charge him that 274 for just the ball joint. remove and replace joint lol.Also if I was to replace a ball joint I would replace the whole arm.The Gm and Mog joint come loose within a few weeks because of the way Gm made the upper arms.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
i notice that mi tires are getting uneven wear so i took it to a shop and they told me this is what i need to do does this looks right? can i do it my self? they want $900 to take care the problem so im looking to get this parts on my own and try to do it my self is it worth my time doing this or let the shop do it can some one tell me where i can get those parts ? thank you!

I can get all the parts for you in GM parts.
I replace the whole upper arm.
a arm is 180.00 shipped
now on the idler and pitman arms you have to pull and find out which you need a 3 grove or 4 grove Vin number will not tell you this.
3 grove idler arm is 185 shipped
4 grove idler arm is 160 shipped
3 grove pitman arm is 110 shipped
4 grove pitman arm is 132 shipped

so your looking at
475 shipped if its 1 upper a arm+3 grove idler+3 grove pitman arm
472 shipped if its 1 upper a arm+4 grove idler+4 grove pitman arm

Or I can get you prices for aftermarkets parts that should cost less thru Berrodin parts warehouse.Most of these parts will be Splicer parts.

Thanks
Henry

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO

i check them about 2 or 3 times a year and if im traveling little bit more then that went i change my old tires they were even wear and i got this new ones just last summer and their already getting bad all i did i put on it was the level kit im thinking that was might the problem huh?:(

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
I can get all the parts for you in GM parts.
I replace the whole upper arm.
a arm is 180.00 shipped
now on the idler and pitman arms you have to pull and find out which you need a 3 grove or 4 grove Vin number will not tell you this.
3 grove idler arm is 185 shipped
4 grove idler arm is 160 shipped
3 grove pitman arm is 110 shipped
4 grove pitman arm is 132 shipped

so your looking at
475 shipped if its 1 upper a arm+3 grove idler+3 grove pitman arm
472 shipped if its 1 upper a arm+4 grove idler+4 grove pitman arm

Or I can get you prices for aftermarkets parts that should cost less thru Berrodin parts warehouse.Most of these parts will be Splicer parts.

Thanks
Henry
alright thank you Henry i will let you know whitch ones are the right ones
as soon as i get them off also what about the aftermarket ones some like moog...i heard they good too

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Well also if you put a leveling kit on and didn't have it aligned that mean your alignment is off.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
alright thank you Henry i will let you know whitch ones are the right ones
as soon as i get them off also what about the aftermarket ones some like moog...i heard they good too

I will gets prices for the aftermarket ones, Most of the stuff if Splicer and thats the same parts that Gm uses when they do not use the factory Gm stuff.You can just get the Balljoint that way but i would not trust it, I had one come loose ina week.

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
I will gets prices for the aftermarket ones, Most of the stuff if Splicer and thats the same parts that Gm uses when they do not use the factory Gm stuff.You can just get the Balljoint that way but i would not trust it, I had one come loose ina week.

huh so it seems that the best way to go is getting all from gm well i have an appoinment on friday to do the alignment to see if the will fix the problem if not i will let you know and will go from there thank you again!:hug:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Do you have a NTB around you national tire and battery warehouse, They offer a 5 year unlimited alignment for around 160 bucks you can go back everyday if you wanted to.

UPS DRVR

BROWN TRUCK DRIVER
Apr 13, 2008
Saegertown, PA
I agree change the upper control arm when you change the ball joint. I had a bad upper ball joint ,went and bought a new spicer balljoint went to put it in and after pressing the old one out the new one fell right in didn't even have to use the press :eek:

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
Do you have a NTB around you national tire and battery warehouse, They offer a 5 year unlimited alignment for around 160 bucks you can go back everyday if you wanted to.

Dang i wish there was one in town but i guess the closer one it could be like 3 hours away from here, because i just paid $80 for my alignment yesterday i hate it everything seems really expensive in this town but anyways they say its all good now and also told my that because on my torsion bars are almost all the way up i have to check my alignment every once an awhile