Hi from FL

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
Hello. My name is Rick, I do auto restoration for a living, and I'm building a square body duramax crew cab. I picked up a 02 3500 2wd, and I'm doing a 4wd conversion to the duramax chassis, solid axle swap, and have already mounted the crew cab body. I'll find a host site and start posting pics if anybody is interested in seeing progress. Thanks

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
We all love pics.

You can post pics to the forum as long as they are correct size

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Definitely interested as I'd like to do the same (chassis swap my 83 ccsb onto an 02 4wd donor I have) or more likely have someone do the fab work for me. So take good notes and figure out the does & don'ts so you know how to do mine next. :D:thumb:

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
Definitely interested as I'd like to do the same (chassis swap my 83 ccsb onto an 02 4wd donor I have) or more likely have someone do the fab work for me. So take good notes and figure out the does & don'ts so you know how to do mine next. :D:thumb:

Thanks for the welcomes. I will start a build thread soon and post pics/tips/mistakes/etc. I can say so far it has gone pretty smooth. I moved the frame mounts a little, altered the 86 floor braces a little, lowered the bed, and it bolted right on with no firewall mods.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Find the forum on the Tapatalk app and it’s easy to post pics from there. Welcome to the site. We all love duramax swaps here.