Help

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
A guy calls me with some issues. Kept getting a low fuel rail pressure code. Someone advised him to get a new CP3 & put it on so he did. All he has is a Predator. When it runs with the reg unplugged it runs like a 12valve But as soon as he plugs it in it codes & dies. It is an LLY & he installed an LBZ pump & regulator...any clues? BTW the person that advised him can not be gotten ahold of & he's a member here also. & now this (me) retard gets the call :D. This guy is nice, took some advice & is now stuck. I'm trying to help him out. I could understand the weird idle with the lbz reg but not the dieing issue

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Any chance he piniched the harness removing and installing? If it will run unplugged then die when plugged in I would guess electrical.

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
All of the above was over the phone. I saw it in real life. 26107 @ idle with reg unplugged, plug it in it dies a slow death. I have not seen this before. Brand new LBZ pump & reg. All wires look ok, all hoses correct, stock tune :eek: He gonna borrow one on my regulators & try that next. This is baffling. As soon as we figure it out I'll post an update. Keeps setting a P0642 code when it's plugged in

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Todd check the pins on the FPR or the CP3. Maybe they are bent a little like when people where having problems plugging in harness boxes?

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Any chance he piniched the harness removing and installing? If it will run unplugged then die when plugged in I would guess electrical.

Ding, Ding, Ding...We have a winner. harness was pinched down pretty far. I did not wrench on it because of my hand but he looked all day for them but what brought our attention was no oil pressure :eek:

Last edited: