LB7: harmonic ballancer bolt

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Here is a good one for you guy's.I have my block on a stand with no flywheel/flex,heads,basicly stripped and I can not cold the crank from spinning while I try and remove the damper bolt.I don't want to damage anything so I decided to stop and ask the pros.The block is a 05 lly and when I removed the pan I was surprised ,I think it's got lbz rods but if that's the case would it have lbz or lly pistons.Thanks in advance for replys

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
With the motor on the stand the flywheel wont fit in between the stand and motor,I put 1 bolt in the crank,jammed a screwdriver in the engine stand and tried removing with prybar and bent the bolt,scared the shit outa me thinking I just f ed the crank but removed the bent one and spun another in all's good,but holy sheep shit this is tight.Might take it to work tomorrow and use some heavy equipment.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Well I got creative and put 2 flywheel bolts in on opposing sides,held them with a bar while bouncing an 3ft breaker and a 4ft cheater and "CRACK"turned right out and balancer slid right off.OH YAAA!Now the fun begins;).Thanks for all the advice

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
If the stand is one that mounts the the block on the rear you can't put the wheel on the crank

Edit never mind just the bokts not the wheel. Good job !

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
I bought a 3/4 drive breaker bar and socket; it was night and day vs the 1/2" setup
No bouncing required

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Shoulda seen the bar I used as leverage because my 150lb ass couldn't move it if I ran into it :rofl:
:rofl:HA HA.
Good stuff right there,My 180lb ass hit the floor when that damn bolt snapped loose from bouncing that bar.Bad couple of day's,bruised tail bone and busted lip from pullin lly injuctors,had to stop while I was still alive.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
:rofl:HA HA.
Good stuff right there,My 180lb ass hit the floor when that damn bolt snapped loose from bouncing that bar.Bad couple of day's,bruised tail bone and busted lip from pullin lly injuctors,had to stop while I was still alive.

Don't feel too bad, I once punched myself clean in the face when a oil filter wrench broke:roflmao:

Jackblack99

Oct 18, 2012
Nowhere
Drop a lifting strap down one of the piston holes, wrap it around the rod journal, and put a pry bar through the strap. When you turb the crank the strap will tighten up and the pry bar will sit on the deck surface and stop the crank from turning

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Don't feel too bad, I once punched myself clean in the face when a oil filter wrench broke:roflmao:

Thats funny right there! I caught a Crescent wrench right between my eyes once when it slipped off a bolt hurt like a SOB left a knot! :roflmao: