Hard downshift 4th-3rd

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
Mike the 4-3 downshift @ 23 MPH is at 0% throttle hard and abrupt. Can I add a little time to that shift through EFIlive or do I have a sticky valve or selenoid?

I also feel a hesitation at 2-5 MPH in the 2-1 downshift??

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike the 4-3 downshift @ 23 MPH is at 0% throttle hard and abrupt. Can I add a little time to that shift through EFIlive or do I have a sticky valve or selenoid?

I also feel a hesitation at 2-5 MPH in the 2-1 downshift??

Reset the TAPs first.

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
Thanks Mike I religously reset Taps everytime I change PCM or TCM attributes. I notice after a hard run through the gears that is when I feel the hard downshifts most. I will reset the Taps again and see what transpires.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Thanks Mike I religously reset Taps everytime I change PCM or TCM attributes. I notice after a hard run through the gears that is when I feel the hard downshifts most. I will reset the Taps again and see what transpires.

You should only reset the TAP that is acting up. Reseting all of them makes thing worse.

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
I only know of resetting the TAP as clicking the " reset TAP " on the second tab while changing calibrations through EFIlive. Am I doing something wrong?:confused:

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
Through EFIlive I used the pattern "A" (normal mode) data and copied it to pattern "C" (hot trans mode) in the part throttle 4-3 downshift. This seemed to help.