Gauges

MattMcF

Mar 21, 2014
WV
I'm getting ready to order my gauges and I was wondering what all I need for them.

So far I have these on my list
Pyrometer gauge and probe kit. Electric 1600
Fuel pressure gauge. Electric 100PSI
Boost gauge. Mechanical. 60PSI
Pillar pod.

Is this all I need or am I missing something. Thanks

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
That is a good basic setup. All I have is boost and pyro, the more advanced your truck is the more gauges you'll need. If I had it to do again I would add a fuel pressure guage.

MattMcF

Mar 21, 2014
WV
Here are the part numbers for the gauges that I am considering
Pyro Autometer 4344
FP AM 4360
Boost AM 4305

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't matter which liftpump you use your only going to see about 15 psi max. Any more and you get erratic idle?

MattMcF

Mar 21, 2014
WV
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't matter which liftpump you use your only going to see about 15 psi max. Any more and you get erratic idle?

Oh I thought that it would create more pressure. Well maybe I'll get it in the 30psi that way I'll have room just in case I increase it in the future.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
30psi will work perfect. That way if you have issues then you can see if its way to high. I just used my kennedy gauge to set my airdog. The airdog maxed it out. Had to crank it way way down to get it to 8.

Many people don't know that the higher the psi the less a lift pumps is flowing. At 30psi you would be flowing less then at 8. All the cp3 needs is 1 psi to keep happy.

MattMcF

Mar 21, 2014
WV
30psi will work perfect. That way if you have issues then you can see if its way to high. I just used my kennedy gauge to set my airdog. The airdog maxed it out. Had to crank it way way down to get it to 8.

Many people don't know that the higher the psi the less a lift pumps is flowing. At 30psi you would be flowing less then at 8. All the cp3 needs is 1 psi to keep happy.

See I was under the impression it was the opposite way. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I didn't see a gauge similar to the others that had a lower psi. So I'll be content with 30. Plus if it's too high I'll notice as well. What were your opinions on the others?