Gates Powergrip heat shrink "clamps"

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
any opinions on these? I can't get these silicone hoses to stop leaking. It seems like every time the weather changes I have a new leak. I've tightened them to the point of worry, I've removed the clamps and installed dielectric grease under the clamps as PPE instructed me to do. Nothing works more than a few days. I'm deciding to either try these heat shrink clamps, buy spring loaded clamps, or rip them out and go back to OEM. Thanks in advance for opinions on the Gates.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Go back to oem. The power grip won’t get it done. Had them on my upper hose and leaked after a year. Cut all the clamps off and just put good worn clamps on. Re-snug them after about 5-6 months and so far so good.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Thanks James! Good advice as always. Serves me right trying to upgrade to silly-cone I guess. :banghead:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
They work good on reg hose and typical gasser cooling systems. I have them on my sand car and I know of a few other guys with them on their sand cars and 2 guys with them on their street cars (70 chevelle and 72 blazer). The silicon hoses and outside temp fluctuation just don’t seem to work with anything but a constant tension band clamp