Fuel filter

firefighter13

I'm Batman!
Feb 3, 2010
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Get a Nictane Cat filter adapter and run the CAT filter! Waaaaay better filtration than stock! Should also put a water separator in line too. Maybe get a lift pump like Airdog or FASS if budget permits.

MD_Max

Need More LLY's
May 2, 2014
If you don't have an Airdog or Fass I would stick with the ACDELCO or grab an adapter and run a Cat filter at the base.

Also, that stack is sweet.

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
Thanks guys, I wound up buying the afe fuel filter only because I had to order the cleaning kit for my air filter, thanks for the comment about the stack, I painted it myself, the only downfall is the soot doesn't come off the green paint

2003Duramaxlb7

May 4, 2014
Pensacola,FL
Get a Nictane Cat filter adapter and run the CAT filter! Waaaaay better filtration than stock! Should also put a water separator in line too. Maybe get a lift pump like Airdog or FASS if budget permits.

I've got an 03,and where do I find part numbers to get the cat parts? The guys here at the CAT Store,seem to be Yahoo's.. We have a CAT 252B and I called up there looking an engine belt (serpentine) and they had no idea what i was talking about..

2003Duramaxlb7

May 4, 2014
Pensacola,FL
Ya I happened to find it right after I posted, those filters seem to be half the price of a stock filter also.. Do you have a water catcher tapped to the bottom of the filter?