LB7: Fuel filter

williambryan

Sep 5, 2011
I installed a Wixs fuel filter a couple months ago and like the smaller dia for installation but I am suspecting I am now having proplems with it. The last couple starts after setting over night the truck started for a few seconds then died. I had to pump the filter pump up to start it.........I hate to change the filter since it only has a 1000 miles on it but suspecting it is the problem.........maybe going back to the OEM filter. Anyone have any ideas? 2003 duramax 160000 miles

Thanks

williambryan

Sep 5, 2011
Check the filter housing for hair line cracks. If has any, the pressure can bleed off.
The only way to check the entire filter for hair line cracks is to remove it and dye check it. just wondered if anyone else has had problems with the WIX plastic filter before I removed it.

DMAXDOC

May 26, 2011
I was having similar problems with the napa plastic ones (made by wix) so I went back to acdelco fuel filters on our fleet.

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
We use wix on all our duramaxes and haven't had any problems to date. We have 24 right now so we go through quite a few filters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMAXDOC

May 26, 2011
We are up to 41 in our fleet, and I never could figure out why they did it but when I went back to AC filters the problem dissapeared