For My Dad

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I was going to trailer it home yesterday but the brakes were toast and I brought a tilt deck with no winch so I decided against the gamble of it slowly driving off the trailer into the bed of my truck

So I’m gonna call a friend with a slide back and have it dropped off in my driveway. I know I could go fix the brakes but I’m sure this tow guy will probably charge me less than the likely cost of fixing the brakes, eventually it will get disc brakes on the rear and I’m going to try and get rid of the old booster for an updated hydrobooster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
347162fb67bd5d1feabad01621ea1685.jpg

Got it up on the slide back and brought it home today!!
Pretty excited right now. Gotta finish a couple current projects that shouldn’t take more than a couple more days. Doing an iPad dash in the Ram and also hydro dipping an AFE intake that I got for free! Buddy did a big single with a 2nd gen manifold so the AFE wouldn’t jive anymore.

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I have done a lot of research on how to pull the tub which sounds silly you’d think “just disconnect everything” but if you don’t lift them correctly they will fold in half. So I’m just going to disconnect everything and slide some tubing under the tub and use a few jacks to bring it up high enough to build a cart for when the body work starts.

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Starting today. I had to make room in my shop loft for the front clip to reside while I work the frame and drivetrain.
I have to yank the front clip in order to raise the rub off the frame. There is a way to pull the whole front clip in about an hour with a cherry picker but I am forced to consolidate my clip in superstar pieces and I plan on sand blasting and painting every single part so I don’t mind!
dc6c06ed6914d12c5fdefb0ae586789b.jpg

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Be happy the link didn’t work that truck looks like barf IMO.... They put a bunch of work into though and it’s different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
It opened today... I like most of it, especially the new interior & drive train in the old wrapper, but that top and back cover thing is an absolute abomination to that Blazer.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
is that hard top the twin wall or the thick single wall? if its the twin wall, ditch it and go soft top. if its the thick single wall, fix it and use it. the single walls are the sought after ones.

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Be happy the link didn’t work that truck looks like barf IMO.... They put a bunch of work into though and it’s different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn’t care to much for the topper but the body line match up from the top of the door down the bed side was pretty good! The soft top made it look like a VW Rabbit.

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
is that hard top the twin wall or the thick single wall? if its the twin wall, ditch it and go soft top. if its the thick single wall, fix it and use it. the single walls are the sought after ones.

I’m not 100% sure. I honestly want to keep the hard top and if I do I want it refined and user friendly like a newer Jeep Wrangler.
Other than that I did find a nice foldable soft top. That’s probably the biggest thing I’m on the fence about.

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
I am finishing up a 69 C-10 my 91 year old Dad bought new, mainly to honor him and also because I loved driving it. I can't describe to you what a bitch it has been putting this Duramax in. I also had a 70 Blazer that I loved. If you don't use the 350 an LS would be a great option and the wiring, etc. would be so much easier. I had a 400 small block in mine and loved the extra torque. I took the top off when summer came, parked it under the shed and rode topless all summer. My kids loved it also. It had a rollbar and a top stretched over the front seats. Good luck with it and I think it's cool that your family gets time in it now.