Fleece 63mm/68mm or DT 64mm?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
And the day of innovation isn’t dead. Just a few years ago they thought 1000hp in a street truck without lag was impossible. But now lots of guys do it. Now they’re hitting 3000hp at the big end. There’s more to come. In all the history of motorsports, they always figure a way to bring racetrack power to the street. Takes a while. But they do.

Has anyone looked into Koeniggsegg’s freevalve engine? That’s the next giant leap. It takes the piezo/solenoid system we use for our injectors and puts it on the valves. Tunable valves because there’s no cam whatsoever. Just open and closed. Lightning fast. The flow rate increases are immense. And they are offering it to other manufacturers with royalties. I’d do some terrible things to get my hands on a set of Duramax heads or a Cummins head with that setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look Dumbass your making my point!! There is lots of innovation left on the table in the diesel world. No one ever said there wasn't!! The problem is your acting like your being innovative by building your very own special little 600 horsepower diesel.

Yes by all means please take the hardest path possible to do what by your own admission should be a walk in the park these days. Let's see how it works out for you. Should be easy for you if you figured out 12 years ago how to screw a set of spark plugs into a chevy 350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

aashton1206

Sep 3, 2015
Gonna have to look that up Dorris, sounds interesting

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Rick Fletes Dsp 5 on v2, 33x12.5 nitto at on 20 inch American Racing 20x10 wheels, Stage 5 Built Transmission by Mike Cole with triple disc billet low stall converter, 4 inch Injen cold air intake, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, PPE Race Valve, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, lbz cp3 pump, Dual Platinum AGM Duralast, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Upper Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FED Y Bridge, Shantz Custom Fab Traction Bars.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have a question for all the experts on here......

If high drive pressure and high timing kill head gaskets, then why have I repaired more 100% bone stock LB7s, LLYs, LBZs, and LMMs with blown head gaskets then modified ones???

I've repaired a ton of blown Headgaskets in completely stock trucks. Some as low mileage as 56,000 miles.....

And I've personally seen LLYs (the "supposed" worst offender) that are turned up still going strong at over 250,000 miles.

Now just to make it clear. I am NOT SAYING that excessively high drive pressure or timing is ok! Just asking if that is what causes them to fail, why do so many stock trucks fail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And i by no means say you are incorrect, this statement holds alot of truth to it. that wasnt the point of my discussion earlier though :D