FlashScan V2 advice?

fattirevtx

Jun 10, 2015
Moore, OK
With everyone on here swearing by EFILive, I am thinking about getting the "EFILive FlashScan V2 and DSP5 Switch and Duramax Tuning by 'Idaho Rob'" from ATP. And was wondering if I could get some help with my questions since they are out of the office for the 3-day weekend.

Does this product come with the "Duramax tuning upgrade" so I can create my own tunes(probably will never happen but...)?
Also how many tunes does it come with? Idaho Rob tunes? And EFILive tunes?
I saw a package deal for the auto scan and CTS2. Do they or anyone else offer this package (Flashscan V2) with the CTS2?

Does the auto scan offer data viewing for the TCM?
With the autoscan can you record data with a laptop?
Does EFILive software work with a MAC?

Would I be going overboard with this tool? My upgrades that I have bought and will be installing when my new motor gets delivered are in my signature. I am only needing a programmer to delete EGR and adjust tire size. I would like a programmer with economy tune and a HP tune. I was drawn to the EFILive programmer for the data viewing and available experience behind the experienced tuners. Would I be better off with a different one?

With everyone on here swearing by EFILive, I am thinking about getting the "EFILive FlashScan V2 and DSP5 Switch and Duramax Tuning by 'Idaho Rob'" from ATP. And was wondering if I could get some help with my questions since they are out of the office for the 3-day weekend.

Does this product come with the "Duramax tuning upgrade" so I can create my own tunes(probably will never happen but...)?
To flash your Duramax you require the GM Tuning option to be activated for FlashScan V2. So if ATP sell you FlashScan and a tune, they will ensure you have the 'correct product' to flash that tune. FlashScan V2 with the GM Tuning option comes with 2 VIN licenses to tune 2 supported GM Vehicles.

Also how many tunes does it come with? Idaho Rob tunes? And EFILive tunes?
I can't answer your number of tune question for ATP/Idaho Rob, but EFILive does not provide any tunes. EFILive is tuning software that supports 1000's of different vehicles, EFILive is not a tune.

I saw a package deal for the auto scan and CTS2. Do they or anyone else offer this package (Flashscan V2) with the CTS2?
I assume you mean AutoCal? AutoCal is a product EFILive sells to professional tuners to allow them to deliver their tunes on a handheld device, in many cases the product is rebranded so that you wouldn't even know it's EFILive.

AutoCal is different to FlashScan in that only the tuner can edit and write tunes for your vehicle, the end user has no ability to write or edit tunes.

Does the auto scan offer data viewing for the TCM?
With the autoscan can you record data with a laptop?
Does EFILive software work with a MAC?
AutoCal does allow you to data log internally to the device, you can then play back your logs on your PC. Given you mention DSP in your post, I assume you do not have an LML - DSP does not exist for LML (and will never be available), and the A50 transmission controller changed significantly in 2011; support is still being developed.

You can also log with AutoCal connected to your PC/Laptop in pass-thru mode.

EFILive is not designed for Mac based computers, but many customers run a windows emulator like Parallels and successfully use EFILive on a Mac.

Would I be going overboard with this tool? My upgrades that I have bought and will be installing when my new motor gets delivered are in my signature. I am only needing a programmer to delete EGR and adjust tire size. I would like a programmer with economy tune and a HP tune. I was drawn to the EFILive programmer for the data viewing and available experience behind the experienced tuners. Would I be better off with a different one?

Cheers
Cindy

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
I have robs tuning on my LLY, I got his dsp5 kit that came with the full version , a dsp5 switch, and 5 tunes to fill it, on mine I went with the basic, improved stock, light tow, heavy tow, 70 HP, 90hp. In the tunes he will be able to turn off the egr codes for the delete and adjust the tire size

Will you ever use it to its full potential? Probably not, I haven't, I did do some data logging looking at some transmission slip recently though.

You will not be disappointed with robs tunes or customer service, it is top notch, I had some issues when I first loaded the tune, I left them a message, they called me back even though it was about 8:30-9pm their time and helped me out, and later adjusted my tunes when I changed over to an LBZ intake and had to have the mad rescsled, awesome guys