LMM: First tune - please review

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
Here is a tune I wrote, if anyone could view this and give me any advice on what you would change and why I'm all ears.

I went with 50% BTDC with Josh's calc. I'm curious if anyone can tell me if I'm in the ball park for the billet 3794 with the vane positioning and desired boost??

p.s.: I've found lower boost cruising helps mileage quite a bit, hence why I set it up the way I did.

Attachments

• Perf. Economy.ctz
    1.4 MB · Views: 37

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
Well, I messed with some tables I shouldnt have, and made some changes to others so it isnt manipulating things quite so much.

The pedal positioning and some other torque values have been tweaked some in the stock tune already, everything else is untouched.

Attachments

• Perf. Economy_0002.ctz
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • stock tune.ctz
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
I've made quite a bit of headway in drive ability, however every so often I see "Engine Power Reduced" pop up. I'm not quite sure why. I'm not sure if my desired boost vs target vane positioning isnt in sync enough, or if there is something I've missed???

I made it into a DSP5, but havent added any other tunes yet..

Attachments

• Perf. Economy_close_dsp5.ctz
    1.5 MB · Views: 21

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Get a hold of Starlite Diesel. buy the class books and you will be MILES ahead. :thumb: Better yet just take his class when he does one.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Pretty big jump in pulse from 10-20mm3 and needs smoothed out, try reverting back to a stock fuel pressure table. Boost could come on faster after your cruising mm3 range, vane position can be a lot higher down low and still not carry any boost. Try something in the 50-60% range to start and change your vane max table so if the ecm needs to tighten them up it has the ability to (or just leave it stock for now). Get your desired boost to match up with the turbo brake feature you have incorporated into the vane table.

I did not look at every table, and didn't look at the multiplier tables.