First time on the Dyno

nsolimini

Sep 18, 2011
Lakeland, FL
I posted on another forum, but I am just looking to get as many opinions as possible. So there is an event coming up in Indianapolis in a few weeks and I am going to put my truck on the dyno for the first time and it will be my first. I have searched and some people say tow-haul, some people say just to lock out OD, so what would be the best way to run the truck on the dyno. What have you guys done and had the best success with?

Run the 6 speed tranny in 6th? 4th? Should I put it in tow-haul? Manual mode?
What speed should I have the dyno tech apply the load?

Thanks guys!

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
The owner of the dyno drove mine but he brought it up to 4th and locked it and let her eat
Posted via Mobile Device

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
If you have a tech2 or a V2 scanner it will be easier to dyno because you can lock it into 4th gear, and slow the engine to lug it down beyond its normal downshift point. If you cant get it up on boost, try for 5th gear. It will throw the numbers off but it will be better than nothing. Run T/H to ensure the converter is locked in, and if you dont have access to a scanner to lock into 4th gear, just use manual mode in T/H and try to ease on the throttle so it wont kick down into 3rd gear.