LBZ: Fass lift pump now probs.

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Just got a call from a guy that installed a Fass LP and now the truck codes with High FP. Rail Psi at idle goes to 17K when the pumps turned on. It run's fine with it off. Any ideas? FPRV?

SledMax

Jul 31, 2008
Fuel pressure regulator. Maybe the lift pump pressure is set too high.. I wouldnt go over 15psi...

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Check THIS out... I think it ended up being an issue with the FASS and this guy had real simular symptoms. Apparently it may be a relatively common thing as Mark knew what and how to fix it IIRC.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Check THIS out... I think it ended up being an issue with the FASS and this guy had real simular symptoms. Apparently it may be a relatively common thing as Mark knew what and how to fix it IIRC.

x2 to much presure at idle will cause those issues. i belive theres a spring in the pump tht you can adjust.

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Thanks Mitch, Good read!! I believe it is to much psi. I just found out the Fass pump was off a dodge. Are they diff pumps than a D-max set up?

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
try unplugging the reg to see if the pressure spikes any higher. also check for kinks in the return. you should be between 10-12 psi at idle from the pump. how is the truck idleing, besides it having tons of injector knock, is it lopey?

edit: yes they are regd at different pressures, the dodge (if off a 24v) is set at about 18 psi at idle. you can take the spring out and cut off a ring or two to get it back down, if you go too short you can always put some washers in.

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
He fixed it. Had a beetle in the spring and ball valve when he pulled it apart:rofl::rofl:

I recommended still checking the psi out of the pump to make sure it's under 15.

Thanks for the help everyone!!! That was easy:D

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
He fixed it. Had a beetle in the spring and ball valve when he pulled it apart:rofl::rofl:
I recommended still checking the psi out of the pump to make sure it's under 15.

Thanks for the help everyone!!! That was easy:D

are you serious ? how the heck did tht happen

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Thanks Mitch, Good read!! I believe it is to much psi. I just found out the Fass pump was off a dodge. Are they diff pumps than a D-max set up?

I know you already got it figured out but yes, the FASS pumps for the Dodge may be at a higher PSI if it's for the 12V. My buddy runs one for a 12V on his and I wanna say its at around 50 psi. FASS can fic it for you though if that is the case. I'm not sure what the PSI is for the FASS for a 24V or CR Dodge though.

That's crazy that it was a beetle. :rofl: :eek: :rofl:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
the 24v will be in the 15-19 range and the CR would be the same as our trucks. lol a diesel beetle:rofl:.

Diesel Dragon

Dec 5, 2008
You can add a small pressure guage on one of the ports on the pump so you can keep an eye on the pressure, I have one on mine and it stays at about 9psi while idleing.