extra Diamond Eye DP tips

CHYKYNLIPS

GA Diesel
Aug 22, 2009
I understand the LMM sucks the worst which sucks for me. Is the removal of the trans dip stick totally necessary or just loosening it? I read on dp where a guy said its much easier to rebolt the ds before putting the new pipe back in..is this true? Seems removing the ds is more relative to getting the stock pipe out more so than getting the new one in.

The only thing im not sure about is if this guy took off the stock dp heat shield or not. If he didnt or even for all the guys that didnt take off the heat shield first, im wondering if that is why they said the ds has to be completely removed.

With the new diamomd eye in, does the dip stick bolt back up as before? im not clear on at what point guys have relocated the ds to the other side.

Any tips are appreciated. by the way, i went to the dealer and if any of you ever want to get new band clamps for the pipe, they are both over $50! what a scam. they are diff part numbers too.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
you should not need to worry about the Dipstick i can fit a PPE downpipe there without touching the dipstick

CHYKYNLIPS

GA Diesel
Aug 22, 2009
If your talking about the lly in your sig, i think the lly has more room than the lmm. Im trying to see if the whole dip stick deal is more to get the old pipe out. This guy i mentioned above said he reinstalled the dip stick before he put the new pipe back in as if the stocl pipe with heat shield was why it had to be moved in the first place.

With all the comments on the dip stick bracket breaking and the grommet at the trans leaking afterwards, i want to to as little as possible with it.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
If your talking about the lly in your sig, i think the lly has more room than the lmm. Im trying to see if the whole dip stick deal is more to get the old pipe out. This guy i mentioned above said he reinstalled the dip stick before he put the new pipe back in as if the stocl pipe with heat shield was why it had to be moved in the first place.

With all the comments on the dip stick bracket breaking and the grommet at the trans leaking afterwards, i want to to as little as possible with it.

Right now my dipstick is not bolted it, it is flopping all over the place no damage at all, no leaks... You are way over thinking this. Pull the wheel liner, pull the tire, remove the turbo heatshield, loosen the DP, and pull it out. The heatshield i have heard is the worst part. Like i said it you plan on wrenching on your truck a lot invest in a topside creeper as for this job it will be worth it.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
The heat shields are hell to take off and all you have to do is take the nuts off that hold the dipstick bracket on and move it out of the way. I put a DE on mine when I put RDL headers and up pipes on. Like Paint said your over thinking things, just get to work.

FullSpec

Served cold.
Apr 6, 2009
i took the heatshield off first when i put my dp in, made it soo much easier, this is where your 1/4" tool set comes in handy: long extension and u-joint 10mm are your freind :thumb:

Last edited:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
10mm ratchet wrench when the truck is cold is best to get those heat shields off. all of mine are at the scrap yard with no ill effects so far.

CHYKYNLIPS

GA Diesel
Aug 22, 2009
cool. thanks guys. i should see it tuesday or so and i will let yall know how it goes. i will go ahead and get some neosporen because my hands and forearms are kind of large and i always catch heck when i dont have much room to work. its worth it to have egt's drop 100-150. thats pretty significant when towing. thanks again.