LLY: electric burnout

backe

May 25, 2010
NW New Mexico
my buddy had his arm on top of my fender when i held the brake and floored it to burnout - my buddy yeld and said my truck ZAPPED him(hard). So we did it again just to conform.:eek:
after that day this is what i have been dealing with Rough Idel/no power/noisy like a powersuker/surging while waiting at redlights. any time i would get close to max boost all the sudden it act like it ran out of fuel and it mite of, but more than once my clock would reset to 12:00??? (ya bad sort)

i think that the surging/knocking has something to do with fuel, the fuel filter is no longer Totaly Full of fuel when i change it out. it use to be. i see on the PPE that #2#3#7 jump way up 8-10ms from 5ms and actual fuel pressure falls during a surge.

So Whats The Next Step? dealer said all the extras have to go and the #2#7 wireing harness update before they can work on it.:mad:

what has helped so far:cool2:

1) wire harnness rubbed through on top of the altenator bracket.(this was the sort that zapped my friend)
2) Ice Pick Fix/elecr grease #1,2,3,5,7,8 the other two are to hard to get to.
3) Shimmed the fuel return. (really helped with the surging)
4) Two new batteries
5) pcv blocker
6) deisel clean, 2stroke oil, etc all did nothing
7) motor mount
8) 5" from the down pipe

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
have you checked all the fuses under the hood and in the cab?? and i mean ALL the fuses

backe

May 25, 2010
NW New Mexico
ok i checked the fuses in the cab and under the hood. i pulled every one both Aux. fuses were blown but my truck is still running like a ford

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Need more info. What year truck? What mods done?
Don't put 2-stroke oil in fuel. This isn't a 5.9 cummins or an old farm truck. Your truck has 2 micron filters on it so all that oil and it's additives do is plug the filter.

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
Can you log your FPV current while its doing this? Not familiar while PPE's tuner, pretty sure you'll need efi or tech 2.

backe

May 25, 2010
NW New Mexico
hey thanks for your guys help
PPE can data scan but it sucks! it also only reads 4 of the 5 digits of act/desired fuel pressure
its an LLY and have done the fallowing mods
1) LBZ MP
2) 5in from the down pipe back
3) PPE Hot Plus 2
4) shimmed fuel
5) EGR blocker
6) Ice picked
7) FilterMag (race) oil&fuel

keith2500hd

MOTORKILLER
Jul 20, 2008
Burlington,iowa
if it is happening at boost, during burnout. i wonder if air tubes might need to be grounded, some kind of jumper wire from 1 to the other. silicon won't disipate static electricity. newer tires don't have as much carbon to drain static. your buddy might have been the closest ground point if this makes sense to you.

mudygmc

Dec 8, 2008
Buffalo MN
Check the harness that plugs into the ficm. Sometimes they rub on the bracket and wear through the wires. That could be a short that would cause your issues. Just a thought.

backe

May 25, 2010
NW New Mexico
mudygmc yes that was the problem the wire harness rubbed trough on the alt. bracket. we no longer get zapped while doing a burnout but, i am now woundering if that electrical surge could of messed up my computer. because before that electrical surge my truck ran like a sewwing maching now is surges at every redlight and the temp on engine/tranny are always up.