EGR and general advice

Leo

Aug 29, 2006
Pell Lake, WI
Hi all, looking for some advice on my truck. First of all, thanks to Pat who got me my EFI Live tune last night at like midnight! Ok, my questions:

1: Should I put an EGR blocker, Fingers Stick or anything like that on my truck?

2: Any other general advice or concerns I should be looking at?

Here is info on my truck as it sits:
Banks intercooler, Bully Dog Rapid Flow Intake, Suncoast Stage V Tranny and triple disc converter, MBRP 4" Exhaust with no cat. Right now it also has a BD Power programmer which I'll be removing right before I upload the EFI Live.

Here is the stuff I have all piled up ready to go in: BD-Power drivers side exhaust manifold, EGT and Turbo-boost gauges on a pillar pod, Kennedy Twin Pump everything kit, tranny pan, and of course the EFI Live McRat 105 tune.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice/comments!

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
Your Mcrat 105 tune will have the EGR and codes disabled, so you won't need the finger stick. You can simply unplug it until you get a blocker plate. I would definately get a blocker plate, because you are going to notice that your turbo will bark without the blocker plate installed.

The boost that the 105 tune produces has been known to push the egr valve open and bark on shifts. My truck even barked with only the predator on 85 and a boost stick.

Craig

Leo

Aug 29, 2006
Pell Lake, WI
Your Mcrat 105 tune will have the EGR and codes disabled, so you won't need the finger stick. You can simply unplug it until you get a blocker plate. I would definately get a blocker plate, because you are going to notice that your turbo will bark without the blocker plate installed.

The boost that the 105 tune produces has been known to push the egr valve open and bark on shifts. My truck even barked with only the predator on 85 and a boost stick.

Craig

Thanks Craig, appreciate the advice.