Edge CTS with EFI LIVE??

tbriley

Mar 1, 2014
I purchased a Edge CTS monitor used today, was told it can be flashed to work on my duramax with efi live.
The monitor is for Edge Attitude w/ Juice.
For some reason i cannot even get it to work in my truck.
Any help?
Thanks!

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I use my cts with efi... I just did a standard flash. Pretty simple.

What does it say when plugged into the trucks obd. If it is a cts tuner not just the monitour it may be vin locked to the old truck

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
What year truck? I know the lb7 and lly, they can be used as the dps5 switch. With the CTS you just have to plug it in and it turns on a should work fine.....but if you have an 01 lb7 and your efi tuner updated your ecm's OS to a 02 lb7 , then you may have problems with the vin not working.

z71havinfun

Mar 6, 2013
I thought you had to change settings with efi to switch from dsp switch to a serial typeswitch . Then on your cts need to go to options and turn efi live on

b_r_a_d_79

Aug 3, 2013
KY
If the cts is for an edge juice it cannot be used for your efi live switch it must be a cts insight monitor. Also I had someone wanting me to do the same thing with their truck when i was installing efi live on it and the monitor wouldn't work unless it was hooked up to the edge juice. It had to be hooked up to the obd2 plug along with the edge juice. Best bet would be to sell it and buy a cts insight.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
If the cts is for an edge juice it cannot be used for your efi live switch it must be a cts insight monitor. Also I had someone wanting me to do the same thing with their truck when i was installing efi live on it and the monitor wouldn't work unless it was hooked up to the edge juice. It had to be hooked up to the obd2 plug along with the edge juice. Best bet would be to sell it and buy a cts insight.

Great post and correct from my experiences. LB7 and LLY are the ones that a CTS monitor can change between EFI tunes on the fly. LBZ and newer cannot and must have a hard wired switch.

I did EFI on an LLY yesterday that had an edge juice with a CS monitor. After unplugging the Juice box and its piggy back harnesses the monitor would power up via OBD2 but would not function. Screen merely indicated it could not communicate with the juice. We ended up just installing a CTS monitor and Steve changed the tune for electronic tune switching within the calibration.

b_r_a_d_79

Aug 3, 2013
KY
I did EFI on an LLY yesterday that had an edge juice with a CS monitor. After unplugging the Juice box and its piggy back harnesses the monitor would power up via OBD2 but would not function. Screen merely indicated it could not communicate with the juice. We ended up just installing a CTS monitor and Steve changed the tune for electronic tune switching within the calibration.

Exactly what I ran into. I actually had just purchased a new cts so I just sold him that cts and he sold his juice.