Help: Door locks

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
Some a-hole has taken the time and effort to stuff pieces of glass in BOTH my door locks on my truck. I managed to clean the stuff out of my drivers side door so I could get the key in. Now I am unlock my truck with a butter knife. Or a screw driver, or a stick. In other words the lock is shot. What can I do? How does one go about replacing them? Hoping to clean out the other lock and hope it works and fill the drivers side witrh silicone.

2003Duramaxlb7

May 4, 2014
Pensacola,FL
Might be able to get a set of locks from Rockauto.com.. But take the door panel off and take 3-Nuts off that hold the door handle on,when you do that.. The lock is held on by a clip... Just push the clip up and the lock will come out, one of the nuts you have to remove with an open-end wrench..Which makes you stick your arm up from the bottom of the door.. I found this out when I broke my door handle from are ""Hard Freeze""

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
Or take your lock cylinders to a locksmith, or your dealer, and have them replace the damaged wafers. The parts are super cheap, and only takes a few minutes each.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Same types of loser jerk offs have broken into my truck 3 count em 3 times.
Ruined my dealer paint matched door handles and locks twice. On the third time I ordered a door handle without key hole for the passenger door so that's one less they can break. Don't forget to unplug all the wiring connectors before you yank the panel away lol. One of the screws for the door panel is behind the sliding plastic door lock button thingy. Pry it out with a flat blade screw driver. One below the upper door handle too

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
I am pretty familiar with the locks. I usually lube them up due to all the salt we have on the roads in the winter. Good to know about getting them fixed. Thought I was gonna be in for a big $ fix. Cleaned the passenger side lock out. That one was OK.