Help: Dialing in help for a gtx4294/gt55 lbz stroker!

Sterling Diesel

Aug 12, 2018
New Caney, TX
Took the lbz out tonight for test and tune to get it ready for an event in Florida! Well seems we can’t get the waste gate plumbing figured out, it had a jgs 50mm wastegate currently. Trucks smokes like a freight train, my tuner thinks we had it plumbed backwards causing it to smoke way more than usual. We’re new to using wastegates as this is our first big non vgt build. Can anyone give us some pointers as to what this set up likes? Current fuel is 300% s&s injectors, dual 12mm pumps, 7.1 stroker from socal. Previous air was 72mm Danville and 488sxe which cleaned up extremely well and came alive down the track.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If you think the gate is opening and bleeding off drive pressure, you can temporarily put a boost reference line to the top port to hold it closed. Leave the other ports open to air. See how it spools then.

But I am with Ne-max, I don't think the wastegate is causing the smoke on spool. It is either the converter is too tight, or just over-fueling. At some point, more fuel can actually hurt, since it stops building heat, and heat is what turbos work on.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Close off waste gates completely see what happens. Seen many guys with waste gates have issues then remove them and fixed the issues. Usually leaks.

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Subbed for the videos . I went thru similar issues with a $500 wastegate as well, nothing but leaks with bellows in place and all , the wastegate itself had leaks . Only difference was that I was gating around my valley charger over to my atmospheric chargers. I removed mine and haven’t looked back since . NOW LETS SEE SOME VIDEOS OF THAT BEAST . Lol :D