day at the track

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
some of you know i went to the track today and had some good luck and some not so good.

ill start with the bad they didnt start running until about 10:30 am when i was there at 8 am. track temp was about 95 . the da was near 4000 feet.

also i have a problem with my torque converter slipping. it feels alot like wheel spin but we verified it isnt by monitoring input and output shaft speeds on the trans( not the trans ) and also videod the wheels not spinning. i also had a run where all through 2-3 gear while spraying i was near or above 6k rpms. we are also commanding shift on the 1-2 @ 6000 rpms while it is actually shifting over 6700 rpms. so the converter is being pulled and the trans gone through with new clutches and fluid( this way i never have to service my trans :jester: )

ok on to the good news , i did not set my goal of the fastest street SS truck . but im not finished until i do. i did however set the fastest trap speeds in the 1/4 which is cool . with my crap 60ft's i know ill have the et's when my converter works properly.

here are the top two runs , the first is only blower with about 15 psi , the 2nd run is the same -3 degrees timing and a 125 direct spray nitrous shot.

60 ft 1.762
1/8th 7.571
mph 92.59
1/4 11.801
mph 117.22

run 2

60 ft 1.788
1/8th 7.452
mph 97.58
1/4 11.439
mph 123.88

here are some cool races . some pretty quick cars i took down . srt brad should be posting some of the same vids with better angles and best yet in HD

Supercharged SS AWD vs supercharged srt - 8 charger BAD CAMAERA MAN!!

Supercharged SS AWD vs Modded c5 Z06

11.80 run Supercharged SS Silverado vs Supercharged Srt - 10

Supercharged SS vs Modded Subaru Sti

Supercharged SS vs Bolt on GTO

next time i may go to a different track thats about 2 hours away but has alot better altitude . the nice thing about this track is that its 15 minutes from my house.

cant wait until next time, and btw the limiter straps/cal tracs/radials helped but wont know until im getting the power to the ground with the new tc.
tommorrow is another day at the races but with my camaro and im sorry to say but im going to beating up on some sss trucks. :jester:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Did you meet up with Tommy? Funny you can hear him starting to stage towards the end of the second video

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
yeah in the nnbs dmax? i got vid of him , his truck isnt slow at all , i know he was in the 12's for sure.

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
I was at the track today and saw you run Chase . Looked Good .

I saw you run a 11.79 on one run .

Tommy ran 12.59 with his highest MPH yet at Fontana .

I was on the green street bike at the starting line area .

Johnny

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
yeah in the nnbs dmax? i got vid of him , his truck isnt slow at all , i know he was in the 12's for sure.

chase nice truck looks real clean and sounds good congrats on the times track prep was crap today :mad: rt lane was alittle better then the left

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
yeah i ran the left all day becasue it looked easier to go around the water.

ill be out there again tommorrow in my camaro ss. look for an 02 camaro ss in dark blue with silver stripes if anyone goes.