cv nut size???

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
Replaced hub over a month ago. All a-arm bolts were tight. I replaced the ISS this afternoon. Steering definitely feels much tighter but did not fix the clunk. My pitman and idler arms are tight but does that keep them from being worn out? Not sure exactly how to explain it. I've heard they can clunk....? Put the truck in neutral and shut off, rolled down hill slowly listening inside and out; still can't pin point the damn noise. You can feel it through the floor boards anywhere in the cab just before you come to a complete stop.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
Ball joint maybe?

Jack up a front tire and put a pry bar under it. Pull up while someone watches the upper ball joint for movement up and down in the socket. I'm running out of ideas here. It's hard to diag these noises over the internet. You should be able to hear a BJ over most bumps also.

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
Ball joint maybe?

Jack up a front tire and put a pry bar under it. Pull up while someone watches the upper ball joint for movement up and down in the socket. I'm running out of ideas here. It's hard to diag these noises over the internet. You should be able to hear a BJ over most bumps also.

Will try asap. I'm stuck at school for the next few days. Need to get through these final exams. Thanks for the advice. Only reason I bought the lift kit was so I can have a level truck with flat cv angles. Had I known these headaches would have come in the box I would have never done it.

Last edited:

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
Will try asap. I'm stuck at school for the next few days. Need to get through these final exams. Thanks for the advice. Only reason I bought the lift kit was so I can have a level truck with flat cv angles. Had I known these headaches would have come in the box I would have never done it.

That's why my truck is getting a SFA this winter. My lift was coming back off from the day I put it on. I just couldn't drive around stock anymore. I did it on a whim. Oh well.