LBZ: Connection issue.....sorta

JLawson

Oct 16, 2013
To start with truck is an 06 ccsb lt loaded with everything except sunroof and DVD. Truck currently has 220k miles. I bought it with 208k with a bad engine and swapped the engine for a low mile replacement. I've driven it everywhere with no issue. Still really don't have an issue driving I'm trying to figure it out before it does give me an issue.

Here's the deal. Recently my cts2 started randomly powering down and back on randomly while driving. Figured it was a cts glitch and didn't think anything else of it. One day I decided to check the codes and it had a p0562 code and a p0827 code. Did some research and found out a bad ignition switch could cause that code so I put one in. Started truck ran fine, no codes. Drove the truck 3 hours on a trip the next day and about 2.5 hours in the cts shut down. Checked codes and the p0562 and 827 are back. Yesterday I happened to turn my key to the on spot but didn't start it and it sat about 10 seconds like that and the service brake system came and my shift indicator went out along with about 6 u0101 loss of comms with tcm codes. Today I cleaned all the grounds, added a ground wire to my tcm to see if that was the issue and nothing has changed. If I turn the key on 10 seconds I get the u0101 and it stays until I start the truck and the service brake lights go off and my shift indicator comes.back on but then I check the codes and the p0562 has returned. Truck still starts and runs and drives fine aside from my cts cutting off. I'm just paranoid I'll drive off on a trip and then it won't start or drive.

Things I've done.
Cleaned and used die electric grease on large engine connector
Cleaned tcm connector
Cleaned grounds on the block and under drivers door
Checked wiring to tcm back about 8 inches
Checked all fuses related to ecm tcm

JLawson

Oct 16, 2013
As a follow up I fixed my issue. IGN 0 fuse in the glove box apparently wasn't making good contact somehow. Replaced the fuse and applied some electric grease and it's been working perfect for a couple weeks now.