Compound turbo tuning

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I believe so. It's a JZ Mfg 63mm, got them through Brad. I originally wanted Danville and thought they were gone for good until Brad mentioned that JZ is practically a Danville turbo. I'm very curious what's Mark's tuning would be like with this turbo.

So message him and see if he will send you a base file with his vane tables for that turbo....for a fee. Either way, there are certainly ways to make it spool quickly, but it is a compromise. The 10 blade is just a bit laggy with stock injectors no matter how you slice it. Get bigger injectors and you will completed forget you had all this trouble spooling in short order.

Reactions: Ridin'GMC

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Bigger injectors are the next thing to add on this. Ended up having to put it back together so I could use it to take the family camping. I know my injectors are due for a replacement but its not making low rail pressure.. yet. Now I need to find out how big of an injector can the exergy sportmans can support. Couldn't do the 10mm cp3 as that wasn't in my budget at the time.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
The JZ VVTs are 10 blade, he (and I) won't touch anything 9 blade until quality is consistently good.

Bigger injectors are the next thing to add on this. Ended up having to put it back together so I could use it to take the family camping. I know my injectors are due for a replacement but its not making low rail pressure.. yet. Now I need to find out how big of an injector can the exergy sportmans can support. Couldn't do the 10mm cp3 as that wasn't in my budget at the time.
A sportsman realistically will handle ~625-650whp worth of fuel demand so a bit small for what that compound setup is capable of for max effort.

A set of 60% or 100% injectors would be ideal with that setup and really wake it up overall.

Reactions: Ridin'GMC

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
The JZ VVTs are 10 blade, he (and I) won't touch anything 9 blade until quality is consistently good.

A sportsman realistically will handle ~625-650whp worth of fuel demand so a bit small for what that compound setup is capable of for max effort.

A set of 60% or 100% injectors would be ideal with that setup and really wake it up overall.
Thanks Brad. 100% is really my goal. Hopefully I'll get it next year.