Changing fluids... Top off or change coolant?

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
2011 LML

Have a trip to pismo coming up and I plan on changing the rear diff fluid, motor oil, front transfer case, and fuel filter

My question is I've only had the truck for a couple months and my coolant is a little low should I top it off or do a flush.. It's half way between the max and min lines so I'm indecisive..

If I top off dexcool from Kragen will be just fine?

If I flush are there specific steps I need to follow? I left my owners manual in cooorado and haven't found a DIY on the LMLs yet so any help would be much appreciated

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Oh ya and the reason I'm debating on changing out the coolant is that it said in the service records that it was changed in February.....

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Your coolant should be good for 100k miles at least. I'd just top it off. I'm confused on why you would want to change it now if it has already been changed recently...

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Just for maybe peace of mind since I bought it from a dealer and with it being low not sure if they just didn't recheck after running temps or what not.. I get nervous when other people have worked on vehicles I own/bought :D

I'm not the smartest cat in the bag but I know how to turn a wrench and unknown when I do something to my truck it will be done right and that helps being that I use my truck to move from state to state for work

Last edited: