LLY: Cant figure it out.....

WyoD-Max

Apr 27, 2009
Laramie Wyoming
so i decided to put the fuel rail shim kit in my rail several weeks ago... needless to say i pulled my turbo to also install a new oil drain gasket (was leaking) threw the shims in but couldnt get the oil drain peice back on. Well i was in a buddies heated shop but had to move it and teh weather was around -30 F i waited till i could use the shop (several weeks) fuel gelled... buddies poured WHOLE quart of PS diesel 911 so i got the fuel to flow than drained and replaced with new fuel thinking on the idea of it being diluted from the 911... but still will not turn over EFI says no codes but had some wierd stuff come up when batteries were dead . . . cranks hard rail pressure is 6237 also changed all fuel filters and drained water seperaters . . . anyone got any ideas...

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
After taking out the FPRV it normally takes a good bit of cranking to get it to fire up. Where did you put the shims? Should be in the bottom with the spring on top, then the 3 hole washer, then the cap. If you put the shims between the 3 hole washer and the cap or leave the 3 hole washer out completely you won't be able to build pressure. Was 6237 desired or actual pressure? Kinda odd that 6237 PSI works out to an even 43 mPa - the desired pressure for cranking when the ECT is 75*.:thumb:

super38834

kidrock
Dec 3, 2009
Corinth,MS
pump up filter housing with pump then crank it over for a few seconds pump filter again and bleed screw beside pump then pump it again i worked for four days trying to get mine to crank back it never did then i said the hell with it and give it a small shot of deisel candy(either);) with the glow plug controler unpluged and it fired right up thats if the shims are correct!! easy on the candy doesn't take much

WyoD-Max

Apr 27, 2009
Laramie Wyoming
wow im a dumb @!# i was lookin at desired rail pressure rather than actual the actual was only 153 or somethin like that im gonna pull it off and check the sequence thanks a bunch guys i appreciate it im out here in the middle of no where and no one knows how to even work on these trucks

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
wow im a dumb @!# i was lookin at desired rail pressure rather than actual the actual was only 153 or somethin like that im gonna pull it off and check the sequence thanks a bunch guys i appreciate it im out here in the middle of no where and no one knows how to even work on these trucks

Sounds like a problem with the FPRV, get that fixed, charge the batteries and get it fired up.