buddy's LMM is hurt

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I asked him yesterday about it. I asked if it was blowing out the oil fill neck and if it was blowing out the pcv re-route “road tube” and he also said no. When we were at Mark’s and it had just happened we also checked this and no abnormal blowby.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Thanks. I was convinced of a bent rod, but his compression test told me that I was wrong. :confused: We can check for a broken crank next. I dismissed that early on, but maybe foolishly so. Thanks

Update - it is indeed a shortened rod. We tore the engine down tonight. Now the plan to build it back stronger :)

FWIW - the rest of the engine looked new for 150k on the clock.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Update - it is indeed a shortened rod. We tore the engine down tonight. Now the plan to build it back stronger :)

FWIW - the rest of the engine looked new for 150k on the clock.

Makes sense, crazy how quick it did it too! Nozzle walking loose is never a good thing at all! At least it is fixable! It was running awesome right before that injector issue.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Amen. What’s really amazing is how very slight the damage is. She’s one tough girl.

Do you think the injector cracked and under pressure loosened the nozzle? We installed them just like I did mine - thread sealer and torque wrench. Seems crazy that one would loosen up on its own.

I think Chris is ordering fingers pistons this week. His CC was hacked and it set him back a few days.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Amen. What’s really amazing is how very slight the damage is. She’s one tough girl.

Do you think the injector cracked and under pressure loosened the nozzle? We installed them just like I did mine - thread sealer and torque wrench. Seems crazy that one would loosen up on its own.

I think Chris is ordering fingers pistons this week. His CC was hacked and it set him back a few days.

Unfortunately have seen it happen a few times before so it is hard to say. If it isn't one thing it is another!:hug: